Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Deck the Halls

Okay...okay, I am lagging in my responsibility to post on a regular basis. My excuse...Christmas craziness.

Let's bring you up to date on the last few weeks. Christmas was very good even if we didn't have snow on Christmas. I love the snow and winter! My favourite winter pastime is walking on a snowy night. I love looking at trees covered in white. It reminds me of watching the special features from Narnia. The first scene inside Narnia was all set up in a warehouse. It was amazing. They didn't let the character playing Lucy see it beforehand as they wanted her spontaneous reactions on camera. Watch her face as she first sees Narnia, it beams when she looks around. I am like that on snow filled evenings.

We went to Christmas Mass at Holy Trinity school so that we could here the youth choir play and the timing worked out well with the girls. I am so proud of them They did really well at all the Masses over the Christmas Holidays. I also figured out that I am not a fan of Christmas pageants. Bahhhh hum bug! Let me explain: The pageant was done during the Gospel and with songs intermittent. The were a number of miscues as well. It just lacked flow. I would be fine with the pageant before Mass or perhaps at another time but during the Gospel didn't seem to work. I wonder if I will have the same opinion in the future...

During the vacation, I was engrossed in reading "the Bourne Ultimatum"; the third book in Robert Ludlum's Trilogy. I have been enjoying the book although it has been dragging a bit and I do think that the writer might have something against the Catholic Church and its teachings. It will be interesting to see how it is made into a movie.

Well...this is just a quick update so that I can get back into the world of blogging and hopefully be a little more devoted to the practice in the New Year. Hey that should have been my New Year's resolution.

No comments: