Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Global Warming et al

Okay, I have heard many things on Global Warming. Everything ranging from our life as we know it is going to change drastically to it is really a hoax by some environmentalists. I really don't know the truth although I do know "it is out there".

What I do know is...I WANT SNOW! I love snow. There is nothing nicer then walking on a snowy evening. The trees are so beautiful when crusted with the white fluffy stuff. I was reading the paper today and saw that on Saturday the forecast is for 9 degrees. This is mid January. We live in Canada. Good grief! Give me snow.

On a different note, I am always amazed by the musical talent that we have in the Catholic Church. I have run across many great musicians in my journeys. Of course there are the big names: John Michael Talbot, the Leahys, Natalie McMaster, Jesse Manibusan etc. But we also have some local artist who are very impressive. Two names come to mind: John Montojo and Ana Miura. John has been around Ottawa playing at various parishes including Holy Redeemer, St. Bernard's, St. Martin de Porres and I think he is currently playing at the church in Russell. Ana is a musician from St. John the Apostle parish and was recently listed as one of the top 10 people to keep track of in Ottawa. Both John and Ana are on the Diocesan CD entitled "For Him". One of my goals is to have them both in concert. Perhaps we can do this in the summer at the Ultimate Tournament.

There is also many up and coming Catholic musicians (too many to list). I have been so impressed by some of the talent coming out of Ottawa. It seems to be getting more and more organized. I think that there are great things to come in the future for Ottawa's music scene.

No comments: